Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mock Interview

Going in, I wasn't really nervous. I usually don't get very nervous in situations where I have to talk to a couple people or just one person. I actually enjoy it and find myself very comfortable in those situations. Usually I tell myself that it's not the end of the world and that I should just be cool and collected. That's how I will impress them. One question that threw me was the question about how my parents feel about me working oversees. I answered it well but I did not expect questions about family members. The worst question was, "Tell me about yourself", cause honestly, how do I answer that. I could say anything but I just thought of what applied to my position the most and eliminated what to say based on that.
I think I did a really good job so I don't think I actually change anything I did. I don't know if that sounds conceited, but I was happy with my performance. I learned how it felt to walk into a room knowing you need to remain calm and keep words from spilling out of your mouth. It also got me acquainted with talking to someone older than myself because I usually talk to peers my own age, and obviously language can be different.

No comments: