Sunday, October 5, 2008

Presentations

I enjoyed all the presentations given in class by my peers, but there were a few that stood out to me. Margaret did a great job with the Balsam Woolly Adelgid. It astonished me that she took something that was happening around her, researched it, and came up with something. We've all seen those dead trees, but she actually took another step in actually finding out what was going on and I respect that.
The presentation by Ashleigh on how to make a Spanish friend was entertaining and helpful. I already know Spanish but I could really tell she was authentic in her feelings. She had probably used her recommendations before and knew they worked. Ashleigh also helped to break the taboo of why we don't become friends with or talk to people of different ethnic backgrounds. I enjoyed that because I have many Spanish speaking friends back home, and I have had to stick up for them on more than one account just because of their ethnicity.
Traveling is my favorite thing to do. So I took interest to Morgan's travel checklist. I've traveled to many places, so I understood the basics of traveling, but it was really cool to hear where she had been and her destinations for the future. I was also very jealous of her ski trips as I am an avid snowboarder.

1 comment:

joka223 said...

I picked your presentation as one of my 3 favorite.